For those who have the problem that they have a qwerty keyboard, it is solved by configuring the keyboard with the French language. The only thing that changes is that to see the map instead of pressing "M" you will have to press "Ñ". But I have a qwerty keyboard and that way I was able to move with "WASD". You should clarify this here on the page in case they don't read my comment.
A downloadable hellen for Windows
Hellen is an infiltration game in which you play as a scientific, trapped in a space station on a dying planet. Being stealthy is vital, in the corridors and vents, to survive to the alien you've helped to create !
We were 3 students to make this project in 5 months. So we would be more than happy to read back what you thinked about the game, and feel free to share it if you like it ! :)
- Dimitri Mazy (Character Artist, Lighting, Level Design)
- Emeric Durdos (Programmer, Technical Artist, Level Artist)
- Yoan Vernet (Concept Artist, Environment artist, Animator)
Special Thanks :
- Nathalie (Voice Over Hellen) fiverr.com/ndeahna
- Sean (Voice Over Adam) fiverr.com/seansmithsounds
- Thomas Veauclin, Adrien Forestier, Jérome Prevost, François Giraud, Vincent Chiarotto (pedagogic team)
Z - Move Forward
Q - Move to Left
S - Move Back
D - Move to Right
Left Click (Mouse 1) - Interact
Middle Click (Mouse 3) - Use Torchlight
F - Throw Lure / Activate Lure
How To Install :
1| Download it
2| Execute Hellen.exe
3| Enjoy your life !
For Press and Streamers :
If you like Hellen, we encourage you to make videos, such as playthrough or instruction videos. We are fine with publishing these videos to your website or YouTube or similar video sharing services.
If you can just message us with the link of the video, so we can see it and share our work :)
ABOUT ECV GAME
Creative Schools & Community
- 5, Place Alice Girou
- 33300 Bordeaux - France
- +33 5 57 14 21 10
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I like the idea of the game and the details. I like that the wall in a certain sense warns you of certain things. I will not mention that so as not to spoil others.
Here some tips:
- Maybe if you improve the texture of all it would be awsome.
- After i win i tried to play the safe mode and i couldn't play because i couldn't saw almost nothing. It looked pretty black. Anyway i closed and opened again and then i could see, but I tell you this so that you can check it just in case. I like that you allow two game modes. Since with the safe mode I can investigate the map much better.
- The main menu options it's looks very fine but when i click in menu options doesn't open.
- Maybe it would be nice when i'm in the game that i could return to the main menu.
The playability works well.
- Maybe the background music is very low compared to the rest of the sounds. The actors voice works very well.
- At the end it gives you the possibility to choose whether or not to give Helen administrator rights. Taking into account that it gives you the possibility to choose, they should take advantage of it so that if you click no, then it has another ending. Outside of the tips I gave, I quite like the game. Hopefully they keep improving it. And of course Merry christmas!
I don't understand the controls why it's not just WASD - I don't play games like that. One developer did that too, with Q its forward, P is going backwards, Z was going left and M was going right... How to troll the gamer...
I am eager to play it, but not like this, sorry.
I really want to play this game, it looks cool. But the contols are terrible! How about WASD? or at least keys that are together! And the options button on the game menu does not work for me. As for the controls at least allow the player to change the controls.
Any news on the patch yet? very much wanting to give this a try.
Hye Guys ! I'm Dimitri, Dev team on Hellen.
Sorry for the AZERTY input, we're patching this quickly !
We are all so thankfull for you to playing on Hellen. This project take us a long time (and long night) of works to do.
Feel free to report any problem you have :)
It sure has potential but as almost always indie devs get the audio design wrong. Some sounds are insanely loud and sometimes the dialogue is good volume next line it's low and later to be super loud again. Other than that I really do think they can make something cool out of this.
Stay Rad Everybody!!
Thank you ! :D
I've seen your video and it was very cool.
We're working on a patch for Hellen, thank you for playing !
why no .exe file??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
Well... With the inaccessible options menu and lack of QWERTY support this felt like an awesome game was thrown into a blender with wonky physics, unresponsive controls and garnished with poor framerate. Alas, here is my attempt to traverse, via a key-bound controller, this otherwise gorgeous and creepy station.
I sincerely hope this gets an update and patch to fix these issues, this looks like it could be a really amazing indie game. Made even more impressive by the fact it was only made by three people.
Thank you CoalFire !
As i say in an other post, we're working on a patch for solve some of this issues :)
We're very thankfull to you for your review and hope patch will help !
Home screen options menu is inaccessible, I understand this was made with a azerty keyboard in mind but a swappable control scheme would be awesome. As I can't access the options menu in game I can't change the graphics options and it runs at about 10 fps. Hoping to get an update as I'd love to do a video or two on this!
ZQSD? Why not WASD?
um, its an RAR? u kidding me?
Unplayable with these controls. Shame it's looked good.
Why don't we have WASD to move :(
Is there any chance to get some WASD love? :)